We believe the picture in your mind when you are imagining a Dalmatian
town is that of Sepurine.
Beautiful, quiet, old, noble, stealing breath in front of every house. Solid, stone, steep streets, stone houses, each capturing attention with its particularity, still forming a harmonious, single whole story. It is a story of glitter and wealth that used to be, and laughter that once resounded along these streets.
Population of Sepurine used to be greater than that of Vodice. Today
unfortunately, it shares the destiny of all the places on the island.
Prvic, with its two settlements, Sepurine and Prvic Luka, was first mentioned in the 11th century. It was substantially inhabited by people from Srima and Vodice who fled here in fear of Turks. In the 16th century, the island became a fashionable resort for Sibenik nobility, building their villas and summer residences on it.
Faust Vrancic was born in Sibenik in 1551. When one hears his name, it is first associated with parachute. Our Leonardo was a versatile thinker and scientist. Under the influence of his uncle Antun, a reputable church dignitary, diplomat and writer, he soon became famous as an inventor, lexicographer, historian and writer. Faust was the author of the first printed Croatian dictionary. He died in Venice in 1617, but his remains were transported to the Church of the Lady of Mercy in Luka at his own wish.
The convent and Parish Church of the Lady of Mercy were built in late
15th century. The church had several additions and underwent several
reconstructions. In the wall of the church is an early-Christian
fragment with a picture of cross, and the interior is adorned by five
There are two sacral buildings in picturesque Sepurine. The Parish Church of Our Lady was built in 1978 and the Church of St. Rok in 1620. The latter is known for its baroque altar, which belongs to the era of Venetian crafts judging by its flamboyance and monumentality. An old Croatian cemetery from the 9th and 10th centuries was discovered near the church, where they found fragments of knit ornaments from that period.
MEMORIAL CENTER FAUST VRANČIĆ
Memorial Centar Faust Vrancic in Prvić Luka was opened in 2012.. It is dedicated to the first croatian lexicographer, great inventor and bishop Faust Vrančić .
TIME-TABLE of local ship line to prvić